18.7.08

Quinoa Cakes



So Andrew has been bugging me to make more vegetarian dishes, he's not a vegetarian just not a huge fan of meat, but since I'm the carnivor and doing most of the cooking I usually win. But this was a nice little dish that was just fine without any meat. I don't remember where I first saw the recipe for these little patties, but we've done similar things with lentils and brown rice in the past, they're very versatile and you can season however you want and throw anything in them. They are super easy and nutritious, quinoa patties bound with an egg and seasoned with a little paprika and touch of cayenne, and baked til golden brown for a crispy crust and moist filling. Made a little south of the border with black beans and jalepeno, and arugula and radish salad. I enjoyed it for a hearty lunch before I ran off to work, and left Andrew with the remainder for his dinner, with this picture for instructional use.

No comments: